LifeLinks Your Connection to Mental Health and Wellness
Child and Adolescent Services though our KIDZ KONNECTION
LifeLinks provides a wide variety of services to children and adolescents. Those services include
- Short term counseling to children, adolescents and families on both an individual and group basis.
- Working with and within the school system to provide counseling services to children with behavior and/or emotional disorders.
- Co-facilitating the grant funded STEAM Groups at the Mattoon Middle School with a certified school counselor. Students participating in STEAM (Steps Toward Effective Anger Management) learn research based steps to help them keep their cool and get along with others.
- SASS (Screening Assessment and Support Services) - Provides outpatient services to children/adolescents with a severe emotional disturbance who are at risk of psychiatric hospitalization. This 90 days intensive service is provided in the consumer’s home, school, and/ or community. SASS services can be requested by calling the statewide CARES line at 1-800-345-9049.
- Children First – A onetime structured session for divorcing parents addressing behavior and actions that will be positive for children during and beyond a divorce. Call (217) 238-5700 and request more information on Children FIRST.
- Caregiver Connections – Offers training, technical assistance, early childhood mental health consultation and referrals to home and center based child care providers in Coles, Cumberland, Clark, Edgar, Moultrie, and Shelby counties in East Central Illinois. If you are a child care provider who needs help working with a child in your care, call our Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant, Olivia Buttram, at (217) 549-7565.
- Telepsychiatry – Psychiatric services to children provided by a board certified child/adolescent psychiatrist via telemedicine.
LifeLinks Mental Health
750 Broadway Avenue East
Mattoon, Illinois 61938