FIRST.IL is a specialized treatment program that helps individuals who are between the ages of 14 to 40 and who have had a treated or untreated psychotic illness for no more than 18 months.
Eligible diagnoses include schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, schizophreniform disorder or other specified/unspecified schizophrenia spectrum, other psychotic disorder, major depressive disorder with psychotic symptoms, and bipolar disorder with psychotic symptoms.
FIRST.IL Program Goals are:
- To provide support and education for the individual and their family;
- To improve recovery;
- To reduce the chances of relapse; and
- To set goals for the future
FIRST.IL clients must also be willing to participate in at least two of the following treatment components:
- Psychiatric Care
- Supported Employment/Education
- Family Psychoeducation
- Case Management
If you or a loved one are having serious problems at work or school
- seeing or hearing things that others do not see or hear;
- having fixed beliefs not shared by others;
- withdrawing from social interactions;
- speaking or thinking in a disorganized way; and /or
- feeling paranoid
You or a loved one may be a risk for a psychotic illness. Call FIRST.IL LifeLinks today and ask to speak to one of our team members. Don’t wait. Early treatment is very important. Research suggests that the sooner treatment of a psychotic illness begins, the better the chances of a faster and more complete recovery. With treatment, people with psychotic illness can and do get better!
LifeLinks Mental Health
750 Broadway Avenue East
Mattoon, Illinois 61938